Sunday 3 November 2013

THOUSAND EYES - Lifford

THOUSAND EYES- Lifford  
This is Lifford Shilling (Shillingford).
He shared a recent a track of his.
I listened to it many times on many different levels.
He asked me what it was about this track in particular that I liked.
I responded in a tweet yet I felt, although I got the main part across to him, that I needed to write more about it.
So here I am writing more about it!

The track is called 'THOUSAND EYES'....
The artwork is a little bit spooky for someone like me, yet it is effective. It has certainly stayed in my mind, embedded in my mind.
Yet it is the track & the content & lyrics of the track that really catches me.
Liffords quality vocals & his varied sounds, his ability to adapt to many genres etc has excited me & many for years.
He has not let me down.
Yes, the musical infusion & way it gently pulls you through the song is quality & smooth. Verrrry smooth. It made me drift into a daydream land yet the lyrics kept pulling me back. I later found it running through my head.
The story that is being told seems one with depth & emotions. This is felt through Liffords tone.
He has a certain rawness, a good dose of emotional rawness in his vocals, a sort of angst &  passion yet delivered with fine control as only Lifford does.
I can visualize him singing it, parts with his eyes closed as he puts his hand on his head, eyes closed, and does the kind of 'rub rub thang' across his head. It seems to be something he does on tracks with extra and real emotions & when he's really feeling it. It seems to bring him alive further and kicks into his soul & thats when Lifford is at his best....
Have a listen to the track & do let him know your thoughts as he always appreciates feedback.and let's be honest, we all like a bit of feedback on things we do & put our time into.
I could ramble on about Lifford & his music for ages but I will save that for another day, until then please enjoy THOUSAND EYES & more his sounds. > https://soundcloud.com/dicenfire/thousand-eyes  & find him on Twitter @Liffordshilling


No comments:

Post a Comment