Tuesday 26 November 2013

Lianne Carroll is different!

Lianne Carroll is different!
I'm unable to really tell you how or in what way she is different, but she is different in a good way.
She has captured me with her unique sound & delivery. I guess you will have to listen to her to understand.
Lianne first came to my ears through my friend & singer/songwriter Luc Floreani. He shared a link on Facebook & basically I was hooked.
I had heard her before yet I did not know her name. An enthusiastic phone call was made to Luc to thank him for sharing the link. We had a good ramble & chat about real music & musicians. He filled me in on jazz awards won (incl Ronnie Scotts),  events held etc. Further to the conversation & scrolling through songs on You tube I listened to her more & more.
There were days when someone close to me was unwell, really unwell & I lay on the kitchen floor with 'Mercy Now' playing in my ears. My eyes burned, the tears rolled down my cheeks, I took deep gulping breaths....the song helped me through my emotions that I was unable to express at the time. It was comforting, calming & continues to re-ignite my strength when I feel weak. 'Mercy Now' > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o1Hzz8r_00&list=FL-aJC8YyRzi8YkX-Cd1pi2Q
Her music is diverse, covering , jazz, soul, ballads, blues to name a few genres. A musician, songwriter, composer, singer, pianist, one who comes across as a romantic, appreciating the small things in life & using her natural God given talents & really tapping into her own soul so that we can feel it in ours.
My intention is to hear her 'live' sometime in the near future. I know in advance that my soul will be replenished by the soulful & jazz sounds, added to by Liannes humour coming through the songs, & also the great depth & feeling that exudes from the music & lyrical content.  Maybe you should just have a listen for yourself & see what you think, but she IS different, different in a really good way! Enjoy >> Lianne Carroll - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slow-Down-Liane-Carroll/dp/B000VEA2QC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385527384&sr=8-3&keywords=lianne+carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment